Tin Tabernacle A temporary church of galvanised iron erected by any denomination. Corrugated iron (CI) churches were designed and made in kit form, to be bought from catalogues. They were timber framed buildings externally clad with galvanised and corrugated iron, and lined with high quality tongue and groove boarding. Many had high levels of detail decoration. Outside, timber decoration was often richly carved. Interiors were often delicately enriched with stencilling. These were excellent buildings which proved very durable. Locally the Ursuline Sisters and Canoness of St Augustine (Les Oiseaux Convent) used tin chapels. Both groups moved from France in 1907 and erected Tin Chapels in Westgate. Also in Westgate the Cof E and Congregational Church started in Tin Chapels. PICTURED are two examples of Catholic Churches in Tin Chapels
THIS IS WHERE TO CHANGE THE TEXT -■■■- then continue along the same line with the 2nd item -■■■- and further for the 3rd item remember not to do a line end (return)